Monday, March 7, 2011

MTC Letter #2

Leshelle's nametag, MTC card and important photos she keeps on her desk
Thank you for all the birthday wishes, packages, and letters! It was a unique birthday. I don't think I'll ever have another one like it! Literally, unless one of my missions later in life puts me in the MTC for my birthday. My roommates made it a great day, in addition to all the letters and gifts. My companion is amazing! She has been a conduit for the Spirit so many times this week as I have been in all kinds of need. She has been and is a gift, a gem. It makes me feel better to know that she needs me too-she would get lost everyday without me. I'm good for navigating! This past week has been one of important connections. In several situations, I've felt such pure joy for our investigators. It's so easy to get caught up in learning the language, teaching well, and knowing the lessons, that I lose sight of what matters at times. As I am able to open my heart and turn off my mind, I am able to feel the joy of service. If I picked a theme this week, it would be getting out of myself. It's not the easiest thing to do; yet, it is the most rewarding thing to do. My best days here are those during which I don't focus on myself. As a result, I feel more joy, peace, and fullness than I have in a long time. I am learning how to let go of myself and trust Heavenly Father. As uncomfortable as it may be in my mind, trusting myself to God is the most natural feeling to my Spirit. When I stop thinking with my mind, my spirit feels safe and secure in God's hands. I love the Spanish language. I committed last week to share my testimony at the Testimony meeting the following Sunday (yesterday). I held myself to it. I was the first one up-all in Spanish! I love how I feel when I speak Spanish. I feel that I speak with more of my soul than when I speak English. Each day I learn more about myself. Particularly, I love the Gospel of Christ more and more each day. Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ fills me with the most undescribable feelings. That is the beauty of what I am doing-I am giving others the opportunity to feel those things for themselves: a fullness that is similar to the overwhelming emotions that I feel when I hold a baby or watch the sunrise-in each case, I feel something so incredible and grand. It's so much bigger than me that I cannot contain it in my being. Yet, I am filled with it-body and soul. I don't know how else to explain it other than to say that I have never felt anything so great as that. That's why I am here. I have experienced things that I cannot explain or contain because they are so great. It's so incredible that I want to share it. Jesus Christ can heal ANY sorrow, mistake, pain, or yucky feeling. ANYTHING. I know that. That is what I want to share. Through the Atonement of Christ, He will take away all that is bad and replace it with peace, joy, and hope. Pray for missionaries. We feel it. (I would put a happy face here if I knew how)

No comments:

Post a Comment