Monday, March 21, 2011

MTC Letter #4

Hermanas Delis and Hoer at the Provo LDS Temple



Things are going to be short today. I gave most of my computer time to an Elder I know from Rocklin. He just got his visa and leaves tomorrow! Last minute, so he was trying to get in touch with his family. Some brief weekly updates: I convinced my District to sing some Christmas songs. My companion accidentally called us "pig missionaries" in Spanish (did I share that already-it still makes me chuckle). I think there will be pictures up by now. I sent some home. The Hermana with short, curly, blonde hair is my companion: Hermana Delis. She is the greatest. She has such a deep, true, pure, strong love and testimony of Christ and all that He is in our lives as individuals. She is definitely a strength to me. So, I thought of what I want to say when I only have a few minutes. This is it: I was reading in the Book of Mormon and read a scripture which described how I felt so clearly. "Therefore let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Who can glory too much in the Lord? Who can say too much of his power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part of what I feel." - Alma 26:16 That is how I feel about all of this: about Christ; about the scriptures; about prayer; about being here, serving a mission; about the indescribable blessings I have received because of it all. Even if I spent years preparing a written statement, thousands of pages long, I would still be unable to say even the smallest part of what I feel. My joy is because of Christ. His power, mercy, and love, have changed my life and still continue to do so. I truly don't know how to say what I feel. Some feelings surpass the meaning of any words-even the best of words. I hope all is well back home. Thank you for all the letters. I always enjoy and look forward to them. They are a joy. ~ Hermana Hoer

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! What a blessing she is! I love that Hermana Hoer says she is unable to say even the smallest part of what she feels....are you kidding? She just said it all, "my joy is because of Christ" how could anyone put it better that that! Amen, Hermana Hoer!!!!!!!
    diane haverty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I think if anyone needs any spiritual uplifting, just read this blog!! Leshelle, or Hermana Hoer, you are truly one of a kind!! I love you and am glad to see that you are so happy! :) PS: I love the pic of you and all of those elders.. You are just too cute! (They probably think the same thing!) Thanks for the blog, and for being such a great example.
    Love, Karly

    ReplyDelete