Monday, March 28, 2011

MTC Letter #5

Hermana Delis and Hermana Hoer at the Provo LDS Temple, Utah I have fallen into a pattern of picking a scripture that has defined my week or has been important. Doctrine and Covenants 6:33-36. Christ knows we aren't perfect. He knows we make mistakes. He just tells us to trust Him. "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." He doesn't ask me to be perfect; He asks me to do my personal best. At that point, He takes over and finishes what I cannot. He does what I cannot do. He fills what I cannot fill. I've experienced that time and time again over these past weeks. I cannot do anything alone. (I'm sure that shocks many of you...). Truly, though, I cannot. He has never failed to help me when I'm doing my part and I ask for His help. That happened in a very significant way this week. I've started writing down one miracle every day. My biggest miracle in the past week is a change of heart. I couldn't do it myself. I tried. The very moment I got to my knees and asked for help, everything changed. My attitude changed. Miracles are more often than not seemingly small things. According to Leshebster, a miracle is when something happens that you couldn't do alone: the impossible happening. The impossible happens everyday. Just look, you'll see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment