Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Blue Island Letter #17

Leshelle on a P-day scavenger hunt in downtown Chicago


I didn't get transfered. I'll be here in Blue Island for at least six more weeks! I thought I was leaving. We'll see in six weeks what is going to happen. There were not many changes this transfer. I have a feeling either my companion or I will leave in the transfer to come. But, that's what I thought this time...

Lately I've relied heavily on anything but Who I need to. The other night, I was really humbled.  I don't know why, really. It was an appointment that helped me snap out of my pride. The result was this beautifully opened heart. It's like an open wound - it's not comfortable, but it feels good because I know it needs to get opened up before it can heal. The humility I feel is liberating. Isn't it so interesting, that once we let go of control, we are more stable? Well, within reason - if we give control over to the Lord, we are more stable.

I feel so blessed. Heavenly Father immediately let me see miracles. One was an instantaneous increase in revelation and feeling the Spirit in studies. Another, a wonderful companionship study,  better than we've ever had. More, we found an amazing young man (for the English Elders, but that doesn't matter), Dave. We knew we were supposed to be on the street. We originally went looking for a former investigator. However, when she blew us off we were not sad. It was as though we knew we were not there for her at that time. Dave was walking home from work. At first he accepted a card and thought what we said was interesting. We kept talking, and he shared a lot of experiences. We shared testimony. In the end, he went from courteous to interested, and even excited to meet with the Elders. Later, our awesome companionship study came into play to be able to help an inactive Hermano open his eyes a bit. The section that we studied (as prompted by the Spirit) eariler in the morning - more particularly, the application we made during studies - was EXACTLY the situation that this Hermano is in right now.

Have a fantastic week!

Hermana Hoer






No comments:

Post a Comment