Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blue Island Letter #20


Ivonne's baptism date was moved again so that her dad can attend. We had a really neat lesson with her. She has a stong testimony. She's considering staying with her cousin's family each Saturday evening and spending Sunday with them in order to have support getting to church. Her brothers, who are inactive members that she lives with, make fun of her for going to church. They don't help her get up and get a ride. It's really sad. It breaks her heart. However, she has some very strong, loving extended family members within our ward who are very willing to help her.

I love hearing about all the family and things back at home through letters and emails, thank you! Thanks for your prayers.  I'm doing well. Please keep praying. I know that your prayers are a vital neccesity to me as a missionary and as a human being.

We're short on time today. We met up with the other hermanas again. That is a blessing for me.  Now we're going to have a turkey feast at the church with the elders in our district. I'm not sure where they got a turkey...
Love,
Hermana Hoer

1 comment:

  1. Hola Hermana Belle: I believe you just came through some snow and cold. How did you do? Personally, I'd rather deal with the cold by layering up on the cloths then deal with the heat and sticky humidity -- I think. It was in the Chicago area when I learned a practical application of several laws of physics and vapor pressures. I'd flown into Ohare on a Very hot summer day and picked up my rental car. After a few minutes the windshield was starting to fog up --- so I turned on the windshield defrosters on, but the fogging became worse -- untilled I began to see that the "fog" was on the outside of the windshield and what I had here was a good lesson in condensation -- on the outside. I then turned on the windshield wipers -- and all was well -- who would have thunk.

    It is so nice to observe your dedicated and hard work/effort to do the Lords Work. I know how challenging The Work can be (and is) but how rewarding small successes are. You are an INSPIRATION to me to keep going -- despite -- what ever comes.

    A bit of baby news -- our daughter Melinda just delivered (Wednesday, Jan 25) a 9lb 11oz - 21" healthy boy that they named Luke Robert McLain. Kind of a hard birth for Minda but will be going home of Friday. That was #6 baby and the caboose!!

    This past Monday my wife flew to SLC (American Fork) to assist and be a good grandma. It's a good time for me to brush up on the Mac and Cheese cooking skills. Actually Leaky is taking very good care to see that I do not starve too much.

    Well -- KNOW that I and we love you and pray for your safety and success daily -- and more.

    Moroni 8:3

    Jack (Wood)

    ReplyDelete