Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Woodstock Letter #17

 Hermanas Rasmussen & Hoer with Rocio's daughter.


Hermana Hoer with Rocio and family at the Chicago Temple.



In district meeting we were invited to share our experiences with the Book of Mormon: of our experiences and other's experiences gaining a testimony of it.

I spoke about Eliuth. She found answers to deep concerns regarding women and the Priesthood and gaining forgiveness. She put the promise to the test in each case: the words may not spell out your answer word for word; but words WILL appear in your heart and mind which undeniably address your specific concerns, if you will but have faith to search the Book of Mormon. Drink it. It will nourish freely.

Eliuth never told me how her concerns were answered. She simply said that it was an experience just for her - too sacred to share. She read the Book of Mormon nearly twice before being baptized.

The Book of Mormon did not just lead to her baptism. It lead to her conversion. Frankly, it was more important and more valuable to me to see her come to discover Heavenly Father than to attend her baptism. I think I got the better end of the deal. I saw her - I stood by her side spiritually -  as she discovered her divine identity; she found her relationship with Christ grow to depths she'd previously been unaware of; she learned that God is HER Heavenly Father, and that she is His daughter. In the pages and power of the Book of Mormon, she found God's love. She found Christ's forgiveness. She found her eternal identity. All of that through the Book of Mormon.

She found what I find daily; she found what I also have found to be an undeniable and eternal truth: that the Book of Mormon is literally the tool in God's hands. It does exactly what God would do were He seated beside me. It comforts, guides, speaks, listens, loves, helps, pacifies, teaches. It wipes away tears and offers a shoulder. It directs important choices and speaks answers to our questions according to our understanding. It says what mortal mouths will never be capable of uttering. It proves that God knows me. It answers questions that no other human being knows of. It is Jesus Christ in my life.  I've seen the Book of Mormon give peace to a hurt, sad, confused young girl; I've seen it listen to a teenager cry because she's sacrificed everything to do the right thing, yet confirm to her a difficult to swallow will of the Lord, with the promise that everything will be okay.

It speaks to me. It hugs me. It has the same intimacy which I share with my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ.

I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! And, it loves me back.

Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Leshelle

No comments:

Post a Comment