Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blue Island Letter #13



Yeah, snow. It's getting cold! I had to buy some thermal legging things today. It's crazy cold. 33 degrees and sunny. Yuck. Remind me never to live here (other than my mission). It snowed again yesterday on and off. It was light and fluffy and pretty. So pretty. I love it - if I'm inside with a book and hot chocolate. Not very fun to tract in, which is what we really need to do lately...

Eliuth's baptism date is the 7th of January! And Ivonne also! However, Eliuth has to get baptized in Elgin where she lives. It's out of our area, so we cannot go - and we have a baptism here anyways. However, Eliuth's son will baptize her, and I am so overjoyed about that. SO SWEET!

Eliuth LOVES the gospel. She loves the commandments. She is humbly identifying things that she needs to change in order to be more like Christ. She is excited to pay tithing. We invited her to pay tithing once she's baptized. She immediately said she was going to start now - and she's not waiting to be baptized. The word of wisdom, fasting, fast offerings, scripture reading, praying...etc. She sees the value of it all. She has such a strong testimony and desire to follow Christ, and she KNOWS that the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His Church, and therefore His way to live. I feel very, very blessed - more than I can express - to have seen this amazing woman in the course of her conversion. She inspires me with her faith and willing heart.

Follow-ups from tracting in Harvey: The golden one, Juana (the one who stole my line) told us she didn't have time when we went back for our return appointment. Araceli and Marcos have a Book of Mormon and we have a date to go back next Sunday. We also found a previous investigator family we're working with. Neat people. We'll go back to see them tonight.

I feel I am so blessed with work. Heavenly Father keeps giving us opportunities to teach. He keeps leading us to nice people to talk to. He keeps helping us find investigators.

Love, Leshelle

No comments:

Post a Comment