Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chicago Letter #14

STATS:

~ Number of flats: 3 (sounds like last week...I got three flats in two days! I am happy to say, though, that I laughed through it all!) To date, for the month, I have had 6 flats (that's 6 in two weeks!)
~ Number of abosolutely GORGEOUS days: 2!!! It made bike riding the most joyous experience! I loved being on a bike and being outside in that weather. It is Leshelle's favorite type of weather: warm, sunny, with a cool, fresh breeze. Today, however, is hot and storming...not Leshelle's favorite. But, I just keep thinking of the past days.
~ broken bakcpacks: 1 (same day as my double flat)

SuperBike Back!

I was innocently biking in the beautiful weather to our friend, Irma's, house. We turned onto Damen, following a garbage truck (not the most pleasant thing to do). The garbage truck drove over a few bumps, sending loads of nasty liquid onto the road in front of me. But SuperBike saved the day! I was able to avoid the soggy, diaper-moldy, fruity -who knows what else- liquid spewing from the back of the truck. Thank goodness SuperBike is back!

I've experienced a lot of mini miracles this week, such as my Sunday flat (yes, there are enough flats this month to have names). I heard air leaking out of my tire about 3 miles from our destination and 3 1/2 miles from home. I kept thinking, I really hope that's not a flat! Well, we got to our appointment perfectly fine. When we got out of the appointment, I had a serious flat. But, we were only 1/2 mile from home and at the end of our day.

I've had lots of little experiences like that. They've helped me see how Heavenly Father watches out for us more than we realize. I think there are many more of those mini miracles that I don't even see, every single day.

Even when we think we're lost in a tough situation, Heavenly Father is pointing us. It's like in Ether, as the people are pushed about BY THE WAVES to the promised land. I bet in the moment, they thought they were being tossed about aimlessly. But, in a few places in Ether, it speaks of being blown by the winds and waves towards the promised land. A lot of the waves I've experienced lately truly have pushed me closer to the desires of my heart that only Heavenly Father knows, even though I thought I was merely being tossed around at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment