Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Woodstock Letter #21

Hermanas Hoer & Rasmussen with the district elders.

Hermanas Rasmussen, Hoer & Alvarez

Hermanas Rasmussen, Alvarez & Hoer working out at the gym.

Leshelle & friend...

Dinner time!


Second to last email....we only have this one and one more next Monday. The following P-Day is the day of transfers. I assume that we won't have email time among the group leaving, since we fly home the shortly thereafter. We'll see. I have no idea.

I sprained something in my hand and wrist last week. It is on video. Of course.....haha.

My companions are great.  We exercise every day.  Thank goodness for the gym!  It's owned by a member of the church so we are able to attend for free!

I get to see Hermana Stuart next week!  She is coming to our area for a baptism.  Very special -- both seeing Hermana Stuart and the baptism.

My mission has been a very spirtual and personally sacred experience.  I know Heavenly Father is making something out of me.  I think and hope as He is, he is also using me to help others along the way. 

I have developed a beautiful, personal testimony of prayer and personal revelation and learned that Heaven is not very far away.

I'm thinking back about a talk Elder Ellis shared at a Zone Conference.  He spoke of personal revelation -- what the Spirit does, what God does and what we do in that process.  He used the example of Nephi, when Nephi was tied up in the boat.  Nephi followed the Spirit and prayed for strength to break the bonds, rather than to be untied or something.  Nephi was granted that strength by God.

My binders for letters are nearly full.  Thank you for the prayers and letters.  They have been a consistent, constant source of light and strength for me. 

Love,
Leshelle

No comments:

Post a Comment