Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Woodstock Letter #20





Hello,

God has given me many gifts as a missionary that I didn't have before I came, at least not in the same way: a deep & tested testimony of the Book of Mormon, the ability to ask inspired questions, the ability to apply the scriptures in the lives of the people we teach, and an increased knowledge of doctrine & the scriptures.  I am thankful for these gifts.

Not long ago I studied Alma 10:11.  We are promosed that as we are on the Lord's errand He will bless us, our homes, our families, our every need.  This is a wonderful and true promise.

When I get home and before I move to Utah I would LOVE to go with the missionaries in the Auburn Stake who need Spanish speakers. I was thinking I'm willing to make myself available to them in any language. Dutch even. Ha, ha!  I just really want to be continually involved with missionary work and I want to really keep up with Spanish. It's hard to believe that it is almost time to return home from my mission. 

I feel behind with letter-writing, and realize I may never catch up.  Missionary schedules don't allow a lot of time for letter-writing and such, but that's not the main reason that I am here.  I am here to testify of Jesus Christ, so that is my focus.  However, to everyone who has written me, please know how very grateful I am for your support and thoughtfulness. 

Love,
Leshelle

Editor's Note: Leshelle will be speaking about her missionary experiences on Sunday, September 9th @ 1:00 p.m. at the LDS Auburn Stake Center (1255 Bell Road) for anyone who would like to attend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment