Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Woodstock Letter #9

Go, Cubs!!!



Hello!

I'm in CHICAGO!!!! I miss the city! A lot. I didn't realize just how much until I got down here and LOVE it. It will be SO MUCH FUN to come back to Chicago after my mission!!!

After Hermana Stuart and I email, we'll head over to the stadium for the baseball game.  Can't wait!

I don't have tons of time, and I FORGOT my notes!!! I'm bummed about that. We wanted to keep our load light, since we'll be walking and traveling all day. I have miracles to share, but I don't remember all of them at this exact moment. I'll quickly share what I can remember.

We (missionaries) suggested a branch party in an attempt to help our struggling branch. We planned a birthday party to celebrate all of the birthdays of all who would attend. We decorated cakes in groups, smashed pinatas, and had music going. Dancing followed, of course. IT WAS A HUGE HIT! I was so happy, I could not contain it! It was a wonderful blessing to see the joy and unity with those that attended. We thought that one family was not going to be able to attend, and they were going to provide the music. But, they came! They have just recently come back from a long time of inactivity. It was such a blast! 

We arrived for our coordination meeting a bit early to get things organized and to eat dinner. When the Elders in our Branch arrived, also early, they informed us that our Branch President was going to be late. At just about the same time, a young woman from the English ward (who meet in the same building as our spanish branch) invited us to their Mother/Daughter dinner. They had lots of food and not as many people as they'd expected. We four missionaries accepted, and went to eat. As I returned from chatting with Sister McGreggor (who use to live in my ward in Grass Valley, CA!) a Ypung Women leader informed me that my companion was in trouble...she'd volunteered me for something. Immediately, I assumed I was doing dishes. No problem, I love dishes. Not so...apparently the YW were having an auction. They needed an auctioneer...I became the auctioneer for the night, and had a BLAST! It was so fun to play that role.

Man, I am bummed that I don't have my notes! Suffice it to say it's been a fantastic week!  I'll write more next week.

Love,
Leshelle

No comments:

Post a Comment