Monday, April 9, 2012

Woodstock Letter #2

Leshelle with the Saldana family



We met a kid named Carlos. We invited him to read the first chapter (two or three pages) of the kid's illustrated Book of Mormon. When we returned, he had read THE ENTIRE BOOK!!!! Then, he sat down and basically told us the entire story of the Book of Mormon. He asked questions and understood things that I've just learned in the past few years! He told us that if people would read just the first part (about Joseph Smith) they would know that this book is important. He also told us that had any one of the Book of Mormon prophets not done their part, we wouldn't have all the records, nor would we have all of this book. What an insight! He is only 10 years old! He taught US the power of the Book of Mormon.

The other day, as we left a lesson, a man was sitting on the back of his truck, waiting for us. Joseph is his name. He told us that sometimes he doesn't feel worthy to go to Church. We started talking to him. He showed us a few of his 12 bullet wounds from his involvement in the drug cartel in Mexico. He left it and doesn't want to go back. He knows he needs to find new friends and to change his life. He has the sincere desire to change. He just isn't sure exactly where to begin. Hermana Stuart shared powerful, pure testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ - and shared with Joseph that we can change. Anyone can change. When we began visiting with him there was no hope in his eyes nor his voice. We left him with hope in his heart.

That's what I want to get across this Easter season - I want you to know that I know Jesus Christ is the Savior. Because of Him, hope can be restored to a hopeless heart, a hopeless life, a hopeless moment, a hopeless world. Because of Him, there is no impossible. What is impossible to us is realized through the Atoning Sacrifice of our Lord, our Savior, our Redeemer, our Brother, Jesus Christ.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. Reading the Scriptures, I feel the Spirit testify to me that the scriptures really are true and the Savior, of whom they testify, is truly the Son of God, the Redeemer and Savior of the world. I know it.

Jesus Christ was resurrected. He suffered and atoned for us all .He did all that for me - for you. I cannot completely explain my feelings regarding this. Yet, I can say that I am one of the miracles of the atonement of Jesus Christ. He gives me opportunities to start over daily.

Because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, hope returns when we think hope is gone for good. We are able to forgive ourselves and others, freeing ourselves from pain and sorrow. We give sins, and He gives peace. We give pain and He gives love. We give guilt and He gives forgiveness. We give sadness and He gives joy. We give what we cannot do, and He fills the emptiness in us.

I have had so many experiences - I cannot even tell them all - through which I know that Heavenly Father watches over me and loves me. Through these experiences, He shows me what only He can possibly know. He answers my prayers, shows me His love, shows me miracles, makes me feel His presence and love, all according to MY UNDERSTANDING.

Let Him work in your life. Let Him in and you will see His love according to YOUR understanding.  

One morning this week our ward mission leader called us and said that he hadn't been able to find anyone to go with us to our appointment a few hours later. He'd been looking for days. We finished our Personal Study. Literally, as we both ended our personal prayers, the phone rang (just five minutes or so after he'd called). The ward mission leader had just contacted someone to go with us. He called in the VERY MOMENT that we were both praying that he would be able to find someone. Tender mercies. Prayers are answered.

Happy Easter.

Love,
Leshelle

No comments:

Post a Comment