Monday, March 19, 2012

Blue Island #28


 Hermana Hoer & friends


I wore green for the 17th, and we made green pancakes and such. I made them in to J A K E, because it's Hermana Moffat's brother's birthday, and they have a tradition of green pancakes. I took pictures of her with the pancakes and she is going to send it to her brother.

We found several new people to teach this week and last. Nacho and his wife, Aurora. They are a funny, odd little couple. I love them. We found a really neat 16 year old named Meliani, and when we returned to teach her, we taught her 12 year old bother Luis, also. They are really grounded, level-headed kids. We were looking for former investigators one day, and Meliani answered the door. She informed us that the former investigator didn't live there anymore; so, we began talking to her about the Book of Mormon. She was excited to accept and read it. The day that we returned was immediately following our great Zone Conference all about the Book of Mormon. We talked about our personal relationships with the Book of Mormon, Hermana Moffat, our member Marlene Juarez, and me. It was REALLY neat. I love the Book of Mormon. That's an understatement. I don't know how to say it more strongly -but my love for it is much stronger than I can say.

The above mentioned Zone Conference was all about the Book of Mormon. Talk about a blessing. It's helped me see more clearly how the Book of Mormon has brought Christ into my life at times when I need Him most. The Book of Mormon is my best friend and it gives to me exactly what the Savior would if He were physically sitting beside me. It comforts, loves, supports, believes in me, encourages, chastises (lovingly), gives truth, hugs me, brings miracles, and speaks to me in a way that no other human being can. I am so grateful for the scriptures.

On our second visit with Meliani and Luis we got to practice teaching what we learned in Zone Conference about the Book of Mormon - not what it is or where it came from, but why it matters to me. I have adopted that as my mission theme from here on out. I am here to share Christ through the Book of Mormon. In this goal, I know that I will feel more success as a missionary because I know and believe what I am sharing. I love it. I find purpose and peace from Jesus Christ through the  Book of Mormon. No matter what I go through, it guides me.

Nearly everyday I receive very specific revelation and application to me through the Book of Mormon. I am so thankful. Heavenly Father is with me here.

For P-day today Hermana Moffat and I are going to picnic on our front lawn while we make banana bread, write letters.  It's a gorgeous day -- 78 degrees. 

Love,
Leshelle

No comments:

Post a Comment