Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicago Letter #7



SuperBike is BACK!!!

SuperBike has returned to Chicago, fully equipped with the up-to-date crater (aka pothole) evation system. Thus, a few of the following statistics are no longer a danger to Hermana Hoer and her new counterpart, Hermana Mackley, now that SuperBike is back!

STATS
- days this week that I began to melt: 7
- days this week that my feet were swollen: 7
- times (on average) I have to circle to find a parking spot: 4
- Likelihood of running into a gnarly, make you cringe pothole: 110% (regardless of length of trip or destination)

Another hazard that would have been avoided, had SuperBike been freed from the dungeon just days earlier: StallionSpeed Strikes Again! I innocently approached the intersection at Pulaski and Irving Park...Turned, slowly, cautiously...SCREEECH. Everyone thinks that a white stallion rides in, with the hero, to save the damsel in distress. Well, for starters, I wasn't distressed, nor am I a damsel (not on my to-be list either). WRONG! The StallionSpeed did not save anything (except for the paint that he took off of my car). Beware of StallionSpeed. Not to worry, SuperBike is back in business! (and I'm sure I'll feel the evidence in my legs tomorrow).

Now, to deal with the daily enemies: CrazyCabbies and ChicagoCopCars. They keep me on my toes (figuratively, not literally)

I've also developed a strange addiction to Hot Tamales. This cursed sweet tooth of mine (inherited from my sweet mother)

Onto the real stuff: Well, all the above is real, but not very significant.

I'll be frank and honest, I have had a very difficult first transfer in the mission. However, I know that it was no accident or coincidence that I was here and experienced those things. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us - not just as human kind, but for each individual person. I know that He looks out for me, helps and guides me. A common theme in my mission thus far is that the help from Him comes in various ways -most ways are tough to identify. Just trust Him. Do all you can and then, be still and trust. (D&C 123:17 and 101:16)

I love you all!

Hermana hoer

I have a new missionary companion, but I'm at the same address.

No comments:

Post a Comment