Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chicago Letter #6




I've thought a lot about Nephi. In 1 Nephi 4, he tells the story of going back to Jerusalem and finding Laban. That must have been scary. And difficult. And intimidating. And seemingly impossible. Heavenly Father knew how Nephi felt. He knew Nephi felt inadequate, scared, terrified, nervous. But, I noticed that in chapter 4, there are several points when Nephi says he remembered something, thought something, or the Spirit told him something. Through all of the challenges he experienced, Nephi remembered his own testimony. He remembered that Heavenly Father knows how we feel, and He will help us do hard things. He will. I keep telling myself that. Actually, I need to tell myself again right now. Heavenly Father will help me do hard things. In the end, Nephi is obedient. He did something hard, because he had help. I know He'll do the same for me. I know He knows how I feel - maybe even better than I do. He knows. If we let Him help us, He will.

Please keep praying for me - and for my missionary companion. I know that helps. I know it.

Sorry so short this week. Not much time to write today. Thank you for your love and prayers.

Hermana Hoer

PS -- We're still on bike rest for at least another week. SuperBike is probably going crazy. He's been chained in the dungeon for nearly two weeks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment