Monday, April 18, 2011

MTC Letter #8


Hermana Hoer with fellow missionaries at the Provo LDS Temple




Begin the countdown! I've got one week left!!! I cannot think of two months that flew by so fast as these.

I am not sure what to say (that's not a Leshelle quality...). I'll share the most valuable thing I learned this week.

Growing hurts. It is not easy. It is not always comfortable. However, without the work, we don't get anywhere. You don't make the team without the sweat, you don't make the grades without the time and effort. Life in general is no different than school or sports. Work is tough, but work gets us somewhere. I have experienced a lot of things that are not comfortable-they are totally out of my comfort zone. However, it is because of those things that I have experienced joy in ways that I have not before.

When I get in these situations, the uncomfortable and difficult, my natural reaction is to back away or be discouraged. So, here is my remedy for discouragement:

1. Pray!
2. Seek help (from heaven and earth)
3. Simply, go to work!

With those three steps, I can accomplish more than I'll ever accomplish on my own.

Heavenly Father wants to help me. He wants to help you. Let Him; just ask, then do.







------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¡Hermana Hoer!
Reading your letters make me want to be a better person. Your words are really inspiring and they are coming from your heart-a place where you know things are real and true. I love your perspective and and how I am brought into feeling a piece of what you're feeling there in the MTC. You are amazing to us. We love you. Keep up the good work!
~Angelique & fam <3

No comments:

Post a Comment