Tuesday, April 12, 2011

MTC Letter #7




I had a really difficult week. Really difficult. I am not sure how to convey just how tough. However, in the very same week, I experienced the most incredible thing I have experienced since I've been here. It would battle to be one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. It is very special to me, and I am going to keep it for myself. However, I'd like to share this much:

"And whosoever receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. ~ D&C 84:88. This scripture shares much of what I experienced. Christ is literally involved in His work that I am taking part in. His angels truly are here. Angels come in various forms-often in ways and forms that we neither expect nor realize. His Spirit is in us as we do His work. It enables us to do things that are beyond explanation, to speak words that are not mine, to perform miracles without even recognizing they are miracles. I personally know all of that. I personally experienced all of that this week. In that experience, I felt joy that is not just in my mind or body, but in my spirit-in my entire being!

In a Devotional this past week, Robert C. Oaks shared this: "that is the power of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ: changing lives." That is exactly what it does. It changes anyone for the better. It changes the course of a life into a completely different direction. It redirects a life to a course which literally leads to the arms of Jesus Christ. And Christ is there every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment