Monday, June 18, 2012

Woodstock Letter #12

Hermana Hoer & her district


Hermana Stuart is getting transferred this week. I'm really going to miss her, until we meet again, but I'm not sad because we are going to be friends for a very long time.  My new companion's name will be Hermana Rassmussen. Transfers will be tomorrow.

Zone Conference was great last week! They are every other transfer. So, I believe that I'll have one more Zone Conference before I return home. That's it. This one was great in general, and great personally.  Here is an excerpt from my notes when President Doll spoke to us:

"You may not be the best; but, you are good enough, and you know enough. What you're short on, the Lord will bless you with. He's blessed you with enough to do this.

Whatever "this" is for each of us will be different from one another. Your "this" may change monthly, daily, or hourly. You may have several in one day. Whatever "this" is right now, the Lord has blessed you with enough to do your personal "this".

If you've chosen to have faith in God, choose to have hope in His promise - choose to continue trying until His promises to you are fulfilled. They will be. This is possible."

I don't have much time today to expound on those notes, but hopefully each of you reading this blog can gain something personal from it like I did at Zone Conference.  Point is: the Lord can help each of us to be/do whatever we need to be/do.  If we do all that we can, He will make up the difference and qualify us.

I felt prompted to share the parable of the 10 virgins with a gal the other day. She's a single mom and just broke up with her boyfriend because he didn't have the same commitment to God and they really just weren't on the same page. We read the parable, thinking from the perspective of the five who had enough oil to attend the wedding. We often look at the parable from the other side, of those who didn't have enough oil to attend the wedding. 

Well, this is what came to me: those ten spent travel time together. They must have grown close. They could have been  blood sisters for all I know. I imagine that the five that did attend the wedding sat in their places as the festivities began, with a bit of sadness in their hearts. I imagine it was bitter sweet even walking through the door to enter initially, knowing that their siblings or their friends were not there. Those feelings would certainly be in my heart.

However, the Lord did not intend for the wedding to be a sad event. For those five who were not prepared, it was a hard lesson to learn - for us and for them. For the five who came prepared and entered into the wedding, there is another lesson to be learned: Enjoy the wedding. Leave the pain, stress, who or what may be lacking, outside. Set it aside. Enter the wedding and enjoy it. Experience it. Live it. Breathe it. I think that is what the Lord wants us to do. When we've done the right thing and when we prepared to arrive at a certain point, He wants us to enjoy it. So, I say: Enjoy the "weddings" that the Lord invites you to!

Love,
Leshelle


No comments:

Post a Comment